Davao is a favorite destination of both local and foreign tourists because it’s safe, clean, and offers visitors the chance to enjoy the beauty of nature without leaving modern comforts like shopping malls or taxis behind. If you’re planning a trip to Davao, here are some things you can do to get ready.
1. Establish a budget. The cost of living in Davao is pretty low compared to that in Cebu or Manila, but it still helps to set a limit on what you’re allowed to spend on things like accommodations, food, and admission tickets to nature parks and other attractions.
2. Fix your itinerary. An itinerary is not fixed in stone, but it will serve to make your travel plans a bit more concrete. It will also help you narrow down your options and cut costs because it allows you to establish how many places you can realistically visit and what these places are.
3. Arrange transportation. You can get to Davao by boat, bus or airplane. Air travel is the fastest and most convenient, and with promos and discounted tickets, it doesn’t have to be very expensive either.
4. Make reservations at a Davao hotel. There are many cheap hotels in Davao City where you can spend the night. While you can also pick a luxurious Davao hotel if you wish, these cheap hotels in Davao City are a very practical option especially if you plan on being out most of the time.
5. Pack strategically. Use your itinerary as a guide and pack only what you need. Bring as little as possible, and bring items that you can use several times like a black t-shirt or a pair of jeans.
Planning is an important part of any trip. Done the right way, it can help you save money and even save you from a lot of stress.